Tuesday 21 May 2024

Another quick one with Qasair Monday 20 May 2024

 Well, after a truly hectic day at Ripponlea yesterday for the Botanica festival (did 20,000 steps) 


I got up at 6am with Justin on Monday - as I was meeting  Maria from Qasair at the house at 10am

Drove up for the last time in the passat (have sold it) and met Maria


She poked around in the chimney cavity and stated that yep they could certainly do something, maybe even with a standard rangehood unit (as opposed to bespoke) - but she would want to talk to our builder - YAY, I was so thrilled, for months everyone had been telling me how difficult/impossible this was - what with the hidden arch, the lintel, and the shelf at the back....

Anyway, she measured up, didn't stay that long and left

Meantime, I did a tour of the garden and noted the smashed up gate post which Steve had told me about when the shed components were delivered

 




The site had also been prepared by Shane with gravel - so it's all ready for construction


And he'd assembled 2 of the tear dropped shaped garden beds (no soil in them yet  though)


I also brought in the kitchen bench seat and the painting from Joels - sat it behind the kitchen cushions - to see what it would look like, as this is the spot (but higher obviously) that I was thinking for it 


Checked out the newly furnished Music room (by Justin)



And Justin had also re-installed the door knocker - yay, we hadn't done it earlier because we'd lost the original round head brass screws - but I found some other ones in the shed last time


Went and said hello to Jerry, and Steve and Denise, and then headed back home around 11.30.

Heard back from Cam, he was overseas, asked when he'd be back, and if he could talk to Maria then, but basically he said he couldn't help. Very disappointing.  Luckily my good mate Jerry has stepped up - and he will meet with Maria this Friday for a 2nd site visit  

 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment