Tuesday 17 September 2024

Long weekend with Justin and some garden progress 6 - 10 September 2024

Justin was given a day in lieu as he had been working very hard, so we went up to Inglewood on Friday morning

Arrived there late morning, and had a cheeky hamburger for lunch

Did some weeding etc


Spied a 1st lemon on the tree that I planted (down the bottom)


Discovered a long disused previously underground pipe near the back door - probably going to the cistern


Starting to look dry



Therefore we just had biscuits and cheese for dinner

Gave Justin breakfast in bed on Saturday morning


and Carolyn C came around for a casual lunch 

Christened the aga with toasted sandwiches



Carolyn brought some seeds - ie parsley, coriander, spinach, rocket - which I planted


And she also brought us a homemade marmalade and some pickles

Went to the 1st Saturday get together in Kingower - 1st time in a long time

Sunday, and I dropped in on Steve and Denise - and Denise gave me some rose cuttings - which I planted - after first dipping in honey







 Orchard has had new irrigation trenches dug



But there seems to be a leak - which needs to get fixed


Denise also suggested that I have a look at the nursery in Bridgewater - so I drove there before lunch on Sunday

Wow - it was great.  I thought it would only be a small shop front- but it had a large garden /yard behind it 

I Spoke with Bianca the manager/owner, and she was great - giving me lots of ideas - as I wanted a fragrant/beautiful/colourful garden, intersting all year round 

she wrote down suggestions for tall, medium and low plants 



Anyway, came back and had some lunch, and Steve also dropped in to do some more puttying


Justin left mid afternoon, and I stayed, as someone was coming on Monday to sign off on the garage

He came and all was good

Shane and Declan fixed the leak


Steve came back for some putting


Declan moved some dirt around


Bianca dropped in to see the site, and to provide further suggestions per garden bed.  I'm starting to get pretty excited by all this.... 






I found some sort of jaw


I also took some lavender and wormwood cuttings and dipped them in honey also - and planted them in some of the beds also.  Denise said she would water them in 

And I asked Declan - given that he's moving soil around to fill in the depression outside the veranda (the plumbers had dug a trench there years ago, and then filled it in (but not enough)




So, a good long weekend, and I caught the coach to Bendigo on Tuesday morning, and then the train back to Melbourne 










No comments:

Post a Comment