Wednesday 17 July 2024

Relaxing with Justin Sat 6 - Mon 8 July 2024

I had my CWA excursion to Como House on Saturday afternoon, and Justin had wanted to go to Inglewood, just to relax, (but didn't really want to go by himself) - so we went together after Como House

I should also add that Como House had some features that we also have in Inglewood - ie a red/yellow/blue window.  People always comment - and think that they must not be original - ie the Victorians wouldn't have glass like that - but I reckon they did!


And also a pullinger stove - with the same cast iron surround



Lastly, a similar - but fancier Grandfather clock


Got there early evening, and it felt freezing in the house - put the heaters on, and some dinner up in the bee room

Sunday, and a nice sleep in 

Justin played  a bit of music 


And also straightened up the crooked baubles on the grandfather clock


 

I unpicked the edging off some fancy cord that I'd bought from Lincraft - Justin wanted "fancy cord" to hang the tapestries 


I thought we'd christen the Aga, and so invited Terry around for dinner

I bought a rolled boned pork, and made some roast potatoes, and 3 x little apple crumbles with custard - and also made some apple sauce in the thermomix.

We had some easy starters in the dining room - olives, soya crisps, cashews and shapes - with a glass of bubbles.

I was so impressed by the pork - good crackle, and the meat was so moist and tender.  The potatoes less good, I'd put them on the bottom of the roasting oven - and left them there a bit long - so they got a bit too dark on one side 

Pity I didn't get a photo of the pork.... 

Monday, and Justin worked "from home" - in the bee room

I pottered around - and at lunch time Justin and I marked where we wanted the powerpoints in the new shed

 


I did  the dishes after lunch - and "lost" a vegetable peeler in the stone gap - we really need someone to come and caulk it ....







No comments:

Post a Comment