Thursday 15 August 2024

Another solo visit 19 - 21 July 2024

 Another quick visit by me - left later than I had wanted to on Friday - as had CWA stuff to do....

Ended up getting to Inglewood around 6 or so.

Was cold and windy - not very nice

Had some dinner and watched Tar with Cate Blanchett - was a good movie, but I didn't really like it 


Saturday and made myself breakfast in bed, read the Age on line, did my wordle, quordle and now also Duo Lingo 

Was quite lazy - as last weekend was full on - helping out at the VAME exhibition for CWA

Also it was still really quite awful outside - very windy and cold.  I had thought I might do some gardening this weekend - tidying up etc, but it really was too unpleasant  

Even had lunch in bed...


After speaking with the Aga people did another dried lemon slice experiment 


Still leaked ....still not happy, will speak to Aga about it 



Watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding #3 on Saturday night - was the polar opposite of Tar, non cerebral, pretty stupid - didn't really like that one either.  I had enjoyed the first MBFGW movie though

So, these were two movies that I had suggested watching with Justin - and he wasn't interested, so I watched them by myself - good thing too, as he would have hated them more than me ....

Another inside day on Sunday - as the weather continued to be unpleasant

Made some cast iron pot bread - ala Terry's recipe


Worked out ok - not brilliant - forgot to take a photo of the baked bread

Weather improved somewhat later in the afternoon, so I did a bit of remedial gardening

Pruned the roses





And planted some of the sturdier cuttings - who know they might grow

Admired a gorgeous purple iris


And saw that Steve had done some window puttying




I also took my life in my hands (slight exaggeration) - more likely my eyesight - and sawed off some date palm date fronds - as I wanted them for the Como House Eat with your Eyes installation that we were doing in conjunction with our baked goods and preserves CWA sale





No damage to my eyes with those nasty spikes  - but the ute cabin was pretty full....

And the Como installation looked great - if I do say so myself - as I'd also picked some pomegranates and lemons, brought back a bag of silver, and some fruit oil paintings from home.  I was going for a Peter Greenaway look 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment