Wednesday 16 November 2011

12 November 2011 Scaffolding and a toilet

Once again another lightning day trip visit -this time with my Mum - as Justin was rather busy and Mum said that she'd enjoy the day trip.

The purpose of the quick trip was rather exciting  to us at least - as I drove the ute up  (no,that's not the exciting bit) with a new toilet, laundry sink and mixer tap.


Toliet and cistern just waiting for installation


Un-used by us - chemical toilet in our bathroom


Ladie's toilet from across the road -
maybe the last time we'll go here?



Ladie's hand basin from across the road
as per above - maybe the last time we'll go here?



laundry sink waiting for installation
in the scullery/laundry

Yes, that's right - we're getting proper inside plumbing - I've organised with Daniel the plumber to come up next week and hook everything up - including HOT WATER!!! with a new hot water service.  We may then be able to give Clancy back his camping hot water machine

Anyway, there was a little glitch - I had thought that Justin had forgotten to pack the laundry mixer tap, but he had put it in the ute cabin under some packing sheets.  We unfortunately didn't realise this until 1/2 hour outside Melbourne on the way back.  I spoke to Daniel the next day and he said that was fine, he'd come back anyway to do the laundry bit ...I must admit that I was inwardly berating Justin for forgetting the tap - and was going to call and tell him off.  But then I  reasoned that that would be pointless, so why bother and cause a fight.  Then, when Mum found it I got mad all over again - that he had hidden it under the sheets - and as if we'd look there - why didn't he tell us.  But once again I didn't call. - because what was the point?  So, by the time we got back to Glen Iris - I was pretty much laughing about it...

But wait, there were THREE more causes for excitement :-

1) Three cherries on my cherry tree look almost ripe - yes it's pathetic I'm counting the cherries - let's see if they're still there for our next visit - so that I can eat them

Ripe cherries - and I still haven't managed to focus
on close ups with my mobile phone camera 

2) Excitement #2 was that the fallen down fence has finally been replaced by dark green colourbond

Bit hard to see that the colourbond is dark green - but it is!


l
 And for the final #3 excitement.... The scaffoldng is all up around the house in preparation for the roofers.  The big hive was gone, and I didn't see any bees around the walls either.  However I did get a call from the roofer later in the week saying that the bees were there and he couldn't get onto to the pest guy...

scaffolding looks pretty impressive


from the verandah


south side


Back - and you can also see that Ken has taken
the broken windows from the mezzanine room
 - so they should be fixed up soon too


North side
south side again with ladders for access
north side again with scaffolding going
through crappy old wood shed

Anyway, Justin & I will be up again this weekend (19 & 20 November) and should hopefully see lots more changes. The installed toilet, a new hot water service, hot water to the kitchen and bathroom, plumbed waste pipes (at the moment the ktchen sink empties straight outside the house, as does the bathroom shower and basin!)

We should also see some of the roofing done - ie new tiles put down or a tarp covering what they have done.  Maybe Ken will have replaced the mezzanine windows.  And I spoke to Daniel today who told me that the Bay Building group people were there today rebuilding the old laundry shed - so it's all go go go ....

No comments:

Post a Comment