Saturday 15 September 2012

Axe Prince and tweaking September 8 & 9 2012

So, this time we all came up to Inglewood for the weekend, as people might have started thinking that I didn't have a family...

Before getting stuck into anything, we went for a wander up the street - Mad and I went to the Op Shop and bought some books and a blue cardigan with little daisys  for Mad which she was very pleased with.

We also went and saw Steve and Denise - and I introduced them to the family - and they showed us around their building /cellar / garden.  etc All good, and for once I wasn't in my overalls and boots. Yes, I must admit that the visit was slightly, no, very disingenuous, as I was wearing my nice cashmere jacket/coat, my nice black top with roses, and jeans.  Smart casual I think you'd call it...

Once back to the house, as expected, Justin praised my vegie patch perimeter efforts, but was not effusive.  I knew that the slight crookedness irked him, but thought that it was ok

Well, also as expected, he fixed it up - and used a string guide properly which I now saw was where I had gone wrong.  I had the string suspended about 30cm above the ground - hence it was a bit tricky exactly lining up the bricks.  He had his string at ground level.  Well, I guess I'll know for next time

my slightly crooked effort

Justin's straightened effort
I attacked the plumbago under the bay window - and filled up Gordon's trailer yet again

Plumbago before chopping #1


Plumbago before chopping #2

post chopping #1
Post chopping #2

Madeleine was rather tired, so slept a lot of Saturday afternoon.  Here's a photo of her & Basil asleep on the bed



Fraser, on the other hand was keen to do some wood chopping, but we had to make sure that he did it safely.  Justin had to cut up some more pieces with the chainsaw first

Justin the lumberjack

Axe Prince #1
Axe Prince #2
Dinner at the Empire, where Enzo was pleased to see us, and recommended a new bottle of wine to Justin; he also shouted us a glass each of something else at the end of the night - which was very hospitable of him

Home to a roaring fire in the dining room, and Justin and Fraser "jammed".  Justin of course on guitar, and Fraser on the oboe - playing a new tune from the Ken Burns Civil War series

Soiree at Inglewood
Mad played on her pc, and I read the papers by the fire



A big bacon and egg breakfast on the wood fire stove   - on the wood fire stove, I'm getting very adept at cooking on it now. Actually it wasn't that cold this morning - hoorah - Spring seems to be here.

And then more weeding around the other mulberry tree etc

pre weeding shot

part post weedding

Fraser also had a cat in the bag

latest fashion accessory

Justin and the kids left around 1.30, we didn't have any lunch following our huge breakfast.  I continued to potter around the garden, wondering what was going on at the Town Hall - as there were many cars parked out the front - and people going in and out.

Of course I went across to investigate, and was told that the Goldfields choir was playing a free concert there at 2pm.  Of course I had to go, after changing out of my overalls first

Goldfields program
I ended up walking in with Barb from across the road, who introduced me to Wilma who was Grant's mother

The choir was lovely - singing acapella songs ranging from gospel to African

Goldfields Choir #1

Goldfields Choir #2

As I said,it started at 2pm - and was still going strong at 4pm - with a few breaks in between. I couldn't stay any longer, as I still had some things to do at the house, so left during the last break


2 comments:

  1. My that vegie patch perimeter looks nice now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does Justin, thanks for the comment, and your hard work

    ReplyDelete