Wednesday 22 March 2017

Me and Mum 18 & 19 March 2017

Well, it was time for me to come up with Mum, as she hadn't been here since Christmas.

I was going to be helping Arleen and David pick grapes, but they weren't quite ready (the grapes that is)

Anyway, Mum and I arrived around 11am, and went to visit the Op Shop Ladies, and I also bought a freezer load of meat from the butcher.

Back to the house, and the 1st of numerous games of scrabble.  I took no prisoners, was lucky with the letters, and won every game...



Given that it was a Mum weekend, and also quite hot, I didn't really do any work this weekend. - as it was my duty (and pleasure) to keep Mum company and cater to her very whim

Found another 60 bindi eyes - how do we still have so many? And then just read the (digital) paper in the hammock as per Susan a couple of weeks ago.  Mum read some magazines at the table under the big tree.








Arleen dropped by around 5pm - unfortunately didn't have time for a G&T, but said hello and gave me a jar of jam and another of relish made from our plums.  I look forward to trying them both.  And advised that the grape picking would probably start mid week.

After this Mum and I went upstairs for a G&T, Mum's first of the year.  Was still quite hot up there - very sunny.  So just had the one drink, and then off to the pub for dinner.





We both had the seafood basket which was pretty good, and it was served pretty quickly also.  But good old Enzo wasn't there, so it was a bit different.

 

Back home and the Town Hall looked lovely in the twilight







After this we watched a movie - It's Complicated - with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin, a cheery Rom com

  Its complicated ver2.jpg


Was a coolish evening, so it was easy to sleep.

Watered the garden in the morning, and even found 3 more bindis.  Made Mum a nice bacon and egg breakfast that we ate outside (it was another lovely sunny hot day).  No bubbles though!

Terry dropped in mid morning and we had a cuppa and a chat, and then Gordon a bit later.

Another game or two of scrabble, and Mum helped me put the wooden curtain rings on our curtains - easier said than done, because the curtains were very heavy, and Mum isn't as strong as she used to be.  That said we made it without anyone falling off a ladder - luckily

A nice late lunch outside  



And Mum had the last cold cider - aptly called Dirty Granny!



 I had planned to go to the pool for a swim after 2pm, but sadly Gordon informed me that it was closed. Oh No! I forgot that it closed after Labour Day. Although both Saturday and Sunday were both perfect sunny 30+ degree days.

So that meant that I was back in the hammock reading the Sunday Age - not too great a hardship

Left around 4pm, and back home to Melbourne where Justin had made us a lovely dinner on our old wooden table under the apple tree. Just lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment