Wednesday 17 July 2019

Christmas in July 13 & 14 July 2019

Firstly had  an action packed Saturday assisting in a CWA Pasta Masterclass at Umina








Which meant that I didn't leave til late afternoon

I wouldn't normally have left this late, however it was Christmas in July, and I didn't want to miss it.

Got to Kingower around 7pm after a brief pit stop at Inglewood to grab some wine and a warm jacket, and turn on the new heater in my room

Terry and the others had set a lovely table in the Church for about 20 of us



Introductory nibbles of smoked salmon/salami etc on croutons



I realised that it was the first time that I hadn't helped with dinner preparations for a long time! However I did assist in plating up.

Entree was avocado and prawns with pickled carrot




Main was huge! and the below photo didn't even have everything on it yet. ie 3 x meats - turkey, beef and lamb, jacket potato, cheesy broccoli/cauliflower, pumpkin, peas/carrots and gravy.  I think that was it.  It certainly covered the plate!


And dessert was a ginger cupcake with ginger sauce and cream - delicious


So, ate, drank (not too much) and was merry - and then drove home

Was thrilled by how warm my room was upon my return - nice and cosy!

Read for a bit, and then lights out

Awoke for some reason rather early, so switched the heater back on, and then went back to sleep

Was once again rather pleased by how warm the room became

Normally in Winter when I wake up my face is rather cold, but the rest of me is warm.  This time I was all warm. Photo below with the heater, to the left of the bed



Given that the last few weeks had been quite hectic ie CWA afternoon tea etc - I thought I'd take it easy.  Made myself a modest breakfast in bed - toast and coffee and stayed put til around 10am -- how decadent!




Had thought about doing some gardening, but it was really quite miserable, spitting and then raining.  Managed to get the trestle tables from last weekend into the car, and also inspected the trellis fence that Troy had put up before the CWA weekeend



Around 11am  went and had a leisurely coffee with Denise eat the bakery, which is now under new management

Went back there an hour later to pick up a green chicken curry pie for lunch - yum

And saw that there is a vintage steam train ride to Sealake in few weeks. could be fun



More reading, and just pottering around after lunch - a thoroughly lazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment