Monday 16 March 2020

Freight run for party 27 February 2020

Well, a quick one day trip with the ute full of glasses, 6 cases of wine, lights, and all of the components of the huge portable gazebo that we used for Christmas at Jan and Peter's

Had got the kids to help me load up.  However, I hadn't managed to get either of them to help me unpack at the other end - was a lot of to-ing fro-ing



The other thing was that I couldn't physically carry the large gazebo piece by myself, was just too big

Gave Denise a call, to ask to borrow Steve, but he was busy

So next stop was the pub - went in and saw Margie, and asked the bar at large if anyone could come and assist

And yes, I got a volunteer - who said he'd come down in 10 minutes or so

Walked back to the house, and there were a couple of 4 wheel drives out the front with a few blokes standing around.

Asked one of them if they'd help me - and two of them did - took in the large piece

Tried calling back Margie to cancel the other helper, but of course he rolled up while I was on the phone

Oh well

Also went to the butcher and saw Debbie - ordered my 6kg of pork belly for Thursday

Walked around the garden , and saw that Corey had chopped up the bunya pine

He'd also sent me photos from when he'd done it




Here are my photos





The last 2 metres or so were not chopped, perhaps we can do something with it



Didn't worry about lunch - wasn't really hungry

Gave my poor citrus trees a bucketful of water each - as the watering system is really not giving them enough water

The pear looks like its survived though - ie new growth at the branches, not just near the roots



And the guava has been inundated by grass/weeds.  I hope that I can get someone to do a bit of weeding before the party....however I don't necessarily like my chances



 Anyway, it was a flying visit - so back to Melbourne around 2 or so




No comments:

Post a Comment