Saturday 25 December 2021

Quick visit and more weeding Sunday 19- Tuesday 21 December 2021

 Drove up late Sunday afternoon, and got to Inglewood around 7pm.  

It had obviously been hot in our absence, as some of the plants looked quite droopy ie the kiwi fruit


The grape vines were going gangbusters though, one of them now reaching the veranda roof


 Gave everything a water, and tried to program the watering computer - as it was suspiciously turned off  Managed to work it out via the internet, so was quite pleased with myself


And the mulberries are ripening, ate a few, but they should be a bit riper for optimum taste and sweetness.

Monday, and I did some ringing around to see if I could match some etched glass for the bathroom windows - a glass place in Bendigo has some - so we'll probably get it from there


I had also texted Vic to see when he wanted to start on the plastering - in the New Year, and he said he could replace the window panes also.

Had a morning coffee with Denise at Charlie's, and coincidentally saw Vic there also.

And then back to the garden, and more weeding and trimming.

Listened to a talking book called a Gentleman in Moscow Gentleman (which Matt D had recommended)

 


I also planted some succulents that I had brought from Melbourne


Lastly, I did a plan of the front garden sprinkler positions - to give to Shane, s they are not really working properly, and I'd like him to fix them up

Terry dropped by on Monday late afternoon, so we had a pleasant G&T in the dining room

Tuesday, and more of the same....

Went home via Castlemaine and dropped in on Carolyn and she gave me a delicious dinner - duck breast on bean mash and rocket





 

No comments:

Post a Comment