Monday 21 November 2022

Gardening and sore eyes Thursday 10 - Saturday 12 November 2022

Came up on Thursday evening - and there was still water in the cellar - I thought it might have seeped away - but no such luck

Took out the portacot to dry off a bit 


Basically just gardened all weekend - weeding and trimming

Found some more little self sewn roses and planted them out the front


Did the vegie garden - forgot to take the after photos ...




 

And the bed around one of the mulberries


Found a teeny birds nest out the front


And admired the roses - which are doing very well



And here's a before and after - at the front





And here is what I accomplished



Given all the rain - there were plenty of mosquitoes - so before I went out on Friday I put on both sun screen and bug roll on.  

This was fine - I was still getting arms, but not too many bites.  However when I had a shower on Friday evening - I must have got a combination of sun lotion, sweat, and bug roll on in my eyes.  This made them sting most horribly - and hurt if I had my eyes open or closed.  In fact I was so concerned that I called up Justin to google remedies - I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to do my own research.  It was excruciating, and I wondered if I'd done some permanent damage.  He said wash them out under running water for 15 - 20 minutes. So I went back in the shower - made it a bit better, and after an hour or so, it was ok, not perfect, but bearable

On Sunday when I went out to garden I didn't put any bug roll on - on my face - didn't want to go through that again ....

No comments:

Post a Comment