Thursday 7 November 2019

Motel Gig 26 -27 October 2019

Justin had work to do, so brought it with him.  I had planned to do gardening when we got there - but the weather was so awful - rainy at times, and extremely windy, that I stayed inside and read the Age.  Wasn't that cold though (although Justin wanted and had the heater on).

Pauline suggested that Jerry might come and pick us up around 5pm, for their music & dinner extravaganza (we had planned to drive and then walk home)

Justin gathered up with his equipment - guitar, mike, amp etc and off we went with a bottle of bubbles also

We were told that this shindig was going to be in "the shed"

And what a shed it was, it was huge! Certainly bigger than some people's houses.  They had set up a large table (upturned table tennis table), there were 2 discreet areas with couches, a raised stage (for the music), a billiard table, darts etc etc - and all very roomy.  Pity I didn't get any photos of it

Steve and Denise were there also, plus Brian and his wife, and a few people from the caravan park

Was a great night.  Justin got up and sang, as did some of the others (and even me at times)


 
Some of these blokes were gold detectors, and they showed me some of the gold that they had found. I was pretty chuffed


Pauline also lent me a true crime book called Wedderburn - about a triple murder there from a few years ago.  It was apparently quite controversial, as the townspeople didn't like it

So, we ate, we drank, we played pool badly, (me that was), and I played darts very badly also.  Pauline suggested a game where you had to hit the #1 section, then #2, then #3 etc. I was left well behind.  However I apparently threw the darts quite hard, sounded like a punch, which amused my competitors.

We finished up after 12, and walked home - was pretty dark, so walked on the road, only one or 2 cars went by.

Home and straight to bed

Slow start in the morning, reading in bed etc.  Was still windy but nowhere as near as bad as yesterday.  Terry dropped in to see if I had any thoughts about a November event (pre Christmas).  Given birthdays, and our trip on the Ghan, I thought not.

Also chatted to Terry about his opinion re the proposed fly screens, he wondered about the type of screen ie black or silver, and also whether moldings should be used.  I took him around the house, pointing out where I wanted them, as I'd asked if he could take the Bendigo Mitre 10 guy around for measurements

Basically I wanted fly screens everywhere except the bay windows (given the damage)

Started on the ground - thought we could refurbish our two window frames, as the wood was still good - but there were holes in the flyscreen



 Same with the downstairs green room frames



Then the bathroom


 One in the dining room


Small window in the back hall

Scullery



Two in the kitchen




Coloured window on the stair landing

Two in the garden room


Little Yellow room

Upstairs bathroom

Red room


And lastly, upstairs green room


Terry left soon after this, and then Justin and I went outside, as the watering system didn't seem to be working properly everywhere - ie very dry in one corner of the front bed



And it didn't seem to be working properly for the new kiwi fruit plants, so I was back to hand watering.  Seemed as though it wasn't turned on high enough - poor things were very droopy


Perked up after having been watered a few times

\
 The original fig is full of fruit


Some of the citrus look thirsty also


So, did some watering and more gardening/weeding/chopping etc. Removed a pesky wild hollihock which had sort of taken over



And that was about it, filled up Gordon's trailer a bit more

No comments:

Post a Comment