Sunday 28 March 2021

Another tour and a big RA team 13 & 14 March 2021

Got there lunch time on Saturday - had forgotten that Irene and co (from Kingower Music night) were dropping in for a squiz - was all ok - we arrived at 11.30

Showed them around - (12 people) - they enjoyed it, and so did I








Meanwhile Justin worked in the rotunda

And at the end, Neil and Irene gave us a nice bottle of Tasmanian bubbles for my trouble -which was very nice


So I guess I took about an hour, and we had lunch afterwards - sandwiches in the rotunda - weather quite miserable  - bit rainy and grey (looks like Alex's plugging up of the hole in the gutter has worked though - so that's got to be a good thing )

After lunch a bit/lot of sweeping....for Restoration Australia, wanted it reasonably neat and tidy

We also had a re-visit from the Bendigo Tour people - one of them dropped in another bottle of wine for me, and he told that that he was mates with the owner of Villa Fortuna in Bendigo - and had said we could contact him - and go and have a look... 


And another lady told me that she and her husband had Bishops Court in Bendigo, and also invited us to come and visit - I'd love to see both. Would be fab, and I'm sure we could get lots of ideas/advice also. 


G&T in the rotunda around 5pm - but then it got a bit cold, so went up to the veranda - J playing guitar


I had also texted Mark from RA to see if he and the others wanted to come by around 5.30 to scope out the house and garden (so that maybe they wouldn't need such an early start in the morning) 

And, yes  a couple of them did  -Mark and Wayne (Macca) came to scope out the house/garden for shots.  Macca noticed immediately that the front door had changed ie Justin had painted it a white undercoat colour

Gave them a beer each, and they wandered around  for about 1/2 hour, and then onto to the pub for a 7pm dinner booking with the others.

And yes, given that they had had a good look around, and planned shots etc, they said they would come around 8.30 tomorrow, as opposed to 7.30 - yay!

Justin and I had dinner at home -slow cooked pork in rum and pineapple sauce  (from Coles) for us - was ok, my slow cooked pork is better

Watched Yesterday on Netflix after dinner - lot of fun


Got up around 7.45 - had a quick breakfast, and then waited for the RA crew

I spied them out the front form the top veranda - doing some establishing shots before they came to us 


We were also very lucky with the weather, as yesterday had been so dreary - today was bright and blue and sunny for the whole day


 Anyway they ended up coming over after 9am - as dawn was a lot later now, and they wanted some further establishing shots before they came to us.  

They were - Mark and Macca who had come last night, Shiny the sound guy,  Craig the other camera man, and Anthony the host.  Another guy came later - Mike the series producer from Sydney

I thought it was a lot of fun, Justin a bit less so....

First up was the introduction with Anthony the host - we needed to have the front door open as he approached as it was now painted white 

Then we had to "re- take" scenes because loud trucks were going by, I stopped talking when a car went by, and they told me that I should have kept on going - they'll worry about the noise interference

I already knew that I wasn't supposed to say "like I said last time" etc as "last time" might not make it into the show, however new bad habits emerged - ie I would I tap my chest sometimes when denoting myself, and that was no good for the microphone, we also had to remember which hand we pointed with etc if it had to be re-done

And then there would be the off camera chats that we'd have which we were then told to replicate for the camera - of course with spontaneity.

Anyway, Anthony strode up the front path and met Justin and myself standing by the open front door.  He said some flattering things about the house, and then we went into the front hall, just moving through - on our way to the dining room

I'd left some wall paper on the wall by the doorway, so we were filmed there.  Justin was told to stand close, but not too close to me....

After the dining room it was the kitchen where Anthony suggested that we have the sink at the back window - elevated above some cabinetry

He wasn't a fan of extending the kitchen ie knocking out the walls either side of the hearth.

I had also asked him to suggest where a good spot for another downstairs toilet could be - and he agreed with me (yay) that the back hall would be best.  However, now Justin not only wants another downstairs toilet (if we make the downstairs bathroom our ensuite) - but another downstairs bathroom ie toilet and shower - and there definitely isn't room for both in the back hall

With this new information he suggested making a feature of it - ie a Japanese bath house type building away from the house - with a path leading to it.  This was more in line with Chris E's original idea.  And this appealed to me too - as I would love to have an outdoor bath/shower 

Anyway, we still haven't made up our minds

After the kitchen we went back into the hallway and discussed our plans for that - ie the mural with local plants and animals. Anthony was either surprised or feigned surprise that I would go up the scaffolding to strip the wallpaper/fix the plaster


J

Justin was also asked to look "more engaged" while I was talking - he has heard my stories before and was bored by them.... Had a bit of a laugh

I think we broke for lunch  after this - the crew went to the bakery, and Justin and I had sandwiches out the front

After lunch it was the Garden room  - I think they were interested in this room because of the ghost stories, and we also plan to do the plastering work ourselves  

And that was basically it for the house - they want to concentrate on 4 rooms/areas - ie the dining room, the kitchen, the garden room, and the hallway/stairway - and by default they're not interested in the big  music room or the bathroom

It was outside after this - where we did our wrap up sitting on the back veranda boards 

The roosters kept interrupting


 We were asked our budget, and time frame etc 

 





And lastly, Anthony went off to the new electric car charging station to do his wrap up. I asked if we could come and watch too, but was was asked not to come - as we might make Anthony self conscious - so we didn't


Anyway, we finished up around 4pm - which was great, as Justin wanted to go home via Maryborough, as he needed to pick up a usb stick for work

All in all, a fun and interesting day, Justin said he didn't really like it, but I'm sure he found it interesting, what with making the best of the light, getting interesting shots, continuity etc  

























No comments:

Post a Comment