Monday 1 March 2021

Slack weekend 26-28 February 2021

Well, Justin went and practised/played guitar with Chris on Friday afternoon, and thought he wouldn't be back til 8pm or so.

So I had some leftovers by myself for dinner

As it was, he got back around 6.30 or so, we were able to leave for Inglewood around 7pm

Justin had some dinner once we arrived, and then bed soon after

Saturday, and I scored breakfast in bed (which is now our custom ie Justin get me breakfast in bed on a Saturday, and I get him breakfast in bed on a Sunday)

Read the Age, and then went and had my haircut with Michelle at 10am

Justin came and got his done at 10.45

Was a cool start to the day, but got a bit warmer and sunny later on

Saw a lifesize puppy statue in one of the shops  that I thought Karen might like - but on closer examination it was made in China, and probably fibreglass - so we let it go

Sandwiches at the rotunda for lunch, and then at 2pm we had our first lot of visitors - Reece, and Sarah for a site visit to see about painting a mural in the back hall/up the stair case

Showed them around, and told them what we liked.  I had also made up a bit of a list with flora and fauna of the area/our garden ie olives, grapes, pomegranates, artichokes etc, and cockatoos, magpies, wrens, yabbies, lizards etc.

We also thought it would be amusing to have some bees painted in the bee room

We like the look of Sarah's work - and think she'll do a fabulous job.  


We need to give her rough measurements of the area, and she'll do some mockups to make sure we're all on the same page.  But it realistically won't happen for months.- as we need to get the scaffolding up, strip the wallpaper, fix the plaster, and then paint it to create a  primed surface.

I guess they stayed for an hour or so, and it wasn't worth putting on my overalls and working, so I went and set up the hammock and read my e book in there

Justin came out around 5, and gave me a lovely gin and tonic


And then dinner in the rotunda


Sunday, and another lazy sort of day, and once again no overalls....

Breakfast in bed for Justin, and then late morning Shane the landscaper came over - and we discussed all sorts of things, ie clearing the site, putting in grass, and my long awaited rose garden, fixing up the sprinkling system etc.  Sounds good

I also wanted to put up curtains in the little yellow room.  Justin didn't like 2 of the rods I'd suggested (granted one was a bit long), and then the curtains that I'd picked up at an Ocean Grove op shop were just a little bit too short (so back to an Op shop for them).  I had some others though which are lovely (but had thought that I'd put them in the Garden Room (as I have two pairs)

But anyway, we needed some brackets to hold the rod, and we didn't have them - so - that was that no curtains for that room (yet) 

We also discussed our proposed new bathroom, and thought that we might possibly have an attractive lean too - accessed via the scullery window being made into a door. But not so sure about that...


 

Justin was also suggesting splitting the current bathroom in half, and accessing one half through the scullery where the dishwasher is, and then the other half from our room, and blocking off the hallway entrance.  But then our half wouldn't have any natural light...so not thrilled with that idea either   

So, still percolating through ideas

I did however take a photo of the front hedge and bin area that I tidied up the previous weekend - pretty pleased with that



 

 

  


 

yhe g  

No comments:

Post a Comment