Thursday 10 March 2022

Packing up 26 & 27 February 2022

 I came back to Inglewood a week or so later, as Cam the builder is coming soon to demolish the kitchen and bathroom in readiness for the new replacements - yay

But first I had a look at the back of the chiffonier that my good friend Terry had fixed up, and delivered back, and reinstated

Looks marvellous, and will be such a surprise to Justin




Then an inspection of what Vic had got up too - which included setting up a lot more internal scaffolding to start doing up the hallway and the stairwell








He'd also found an old pipe in the wall - maybe it was an old gas pipe, but it needed to be removed, as the crack ran along it   










He'd also put the furniture back into the bee room as he had to empty out the upstairs hallway.  We'll have to move everything to the middle in order to paint.  Vic had put a slight greenish colour through the plaster on the ceiling, so he reckons it doesn't need painting (lets see what Justin thinks).  But we should paint the ceiling rose. 





And here are the chased out cracks in the upstairs hallway















so, the bee room has now been completed - yay!  Just needs painting

Chris also wanted me to take some further measurements of the mantle - so I sent them through to him






And then I started packing up the bathroom


 And I also dropped in on Terry for a coffee - but also to give him a couple of bottles of nice wine in appreciation of the chiffonnier and everything else that he has done for us.  I think I embarrassed us both a bit as he didn't want the wine as a "payment" but would accept it as a gift  

And he gave me some more fruit and vegies - yum


When I inspected the garden - I found the remains of a chicken....by the naked ladies flowers



And Cam the builder thought that the below pipe from the roof was just running free - and not connected up to anything - but yes it was - it connects up to the tanks at the back of the garden


On Sunday I did more of the kitchen pack up - moving a lot of stuff into the scullery, and putting other stuff in boxes in the kitchen - easy to get out later












So this took a while, and was a bit dirty and dusty work

I left the pot cupboard - didn't have the energy or inclination to tackle it this time, after all, i was starting my new job tomorrow!

Got a bit of a surprise when I went out the back door and there were a couple of young magpies close by



No comments:

Post a Comment