Monday 24 July 2023

Fraser & Rileigh painting again and Cam's back Tuesday 18 - Friday 21 July 2023

These are now Fraser, Rileigh's and Cam's photos - as I had left on Tuesday afternoon - as I said in my previous post

Fraser & Rileigh cut in and sanded a bit on Tuesday afternoon, and had to wait for Matt to come back with another platform - so that they could reach the (currently) inaccessible parts of the wall

I was a little concerned that Fraser was standing on the scaffolding poles in the below photo - but he assured me that he was only about 45cm above the stairs 


Below is the new platform that Matt erected - made it a bit harder to get up and down the stairs (but not impossible)


   

You can see the difference in colour - between where they stopped and the bare plaster ceiling



So, they did 24 hours of painting and prepping each - a pretty good result I think - having done the stairwell area - the rest of the middle back hall downstairs and the upstairs wall still needs to be painted

Can't really do downstairs - as the fridge is in the way, - and plastering also hasn't been completed in the powder room.

I still want to paint the upstairs hallway with a marble effect - like the original wallpaper - but Justin doesn't seem that keen for me to do it 

Something like this - and if it doesn't work - I'll just paint over it 


Cam, the plumber, the electrician (maybe others too) came up on Thursday

First up - Cam wanted to double check the depth that we wanted the basin bowl cut into the vanity


And then the position of the taps


And voila - it was plumbed in



I thought that we might get a small Turkish rug  to go in front of the vanity - for a "pop" of colour.  Will need to go there to check what size would fit best

I'd also like to put some Turkish type paintings on the blank wall to the left of the vanity

Shower taps were plumbed in



As were the bath taps and spout


Toilet also  - I wasn't sure if the toilet was usable or not (because of the box on top)- so I texted Cam to ask - and he called back and said yes, it was, he just didn't want it used in the first 24-48 hours   




Cam advised that he still needs to caulk in the bath - its usable - but I shouldn't splash too much. And we need to paint the window frame - as I was never a fan of that lurid turquoise colour

They also put in the powder room vanity


and toilet


But these aren't plumbed in yet - so are unusable.  And the door frame needs to be completed, and the door installed 

Lot of digging outside - which can be filled back in when the powder room is connected up to the sewer






Lastly, it now looks as though the kitchen won't be ready til the end of August - arghh!

It was initially going to be ready last week of March, then by 20 of April - then a lull of no info (Cam's sick brother), then end of July - and now end of August.  I wonder how concrete this last time frame is.  Don't want to jinx myself though....  




No comments:

Post a Comment