Tuesday 3 October 2023

Mural Artist - site visit 8-10 Sep 2023

Arrived around 5pm on Friday, and planted my poppies/parsley/mint etc which were surplus to needs from my Melbourne garden.



The weather was sunny, but cold, I'd been told that it had been a miserable day there, and only improved in the late afternoon 

More flower blossoms had also emerged ie a lovely hyacinth, iris, peach blossoms, and a coloured freesia





It was also the first time that I had seen blossoms on the quince and the pear




Saturday, and I waited around for Hans in the morning, as I had planned to show him the Town Hall.  He didn't show up, so I was a bit miffed, so changed into my overalls and started sanding down (wire brush on drill)  the cast iron surround in the kitchen in preparation for putting on the stove blacking

before photos


Quasi action shot


  And after photo - there is a difference believe me....


Anyway, I was listening to my talking book - Stanley Tucci reading his book Taste while doing this, and I thought I heard someone talking. Took off my headphones, and yes, someone was talking, - calling out hello, It was Hans, and by this stage it was  around 11.30.

I'd told him that my house was opposite from the Town Hall, but he didn't think it was this one, so had been around to all the neighbour's houses to find me - and was finally told that yes, it was my house. So here he was

He presented me with a bottle of his family bubbles (and then another one afterwards!) - how nice was that?

 


 As he was interested, I showed him around the house, and then we went across the road to the Town Hall 

The reason that I was showing him around the Town Hall was that he is funding the upcoming production of Martha (which will be there next February) - and he was interested to see what it was like

He loved the Town Hall also - so hopefully this will be the first of many productions that he brings to town.

He left after the Town Hall, and I had some lunch, and then went to visit Terry for an afternoon coffee, and also to finally give him his share of the 2023 batch of olive oil

I did some gardening when I got back, and then had a lovely hot bath before dinner.

Sunday, and I set the dining room table (wasn't a nice enough day for the rotunda) for lunch for Shawn (mural artist) and his girlfriend Sara.

They arrived just after 12, and I showed them around the house 

Then we sat down to lunch - once of my famous olive tarts and some accompanying salad.  They brought some lovely bread and a bottle of wine.

Shawn had noticed my sloe gins etc on the sideboard, and was intrigued.  I gave them both  a teeny taste of a few of them (and then a bit more), and they were very complimentary

Anyway, we finished lunch and were still sitting around talking, I heard a knock at the door, and it was Terry who had come to reimburse me for his portion of the olive oil production. I told him not to worry about it, and invited him in for a drink



Was all very pleasant

I guess Terry left around 3.30, and Shawn and Sara around 4pm



I did the dishes and had already packed up, so left around 4.30 





 









No comments:

Post a Comment