Thursday 23 November 2023

Another quick visit Wed 22- Thur 23 Nov 2023

 Another flying visit to check out the mural and kitchen, and to also try and organise the kitchen /clear out the downstairs green room, so that it will be usable as a bedroom again soon.

Actually, easier said than done...

Left Melbourne around 10am - and once in Inglewood had a quick tour of the garden as per usual

The first kiwi fruit which had been wilted and thirsty last time, is now looking quite good, while the other three are very dry and have lost leaves - didn't bother taking a photo this time 

The first one was ok because the tap leaks a bit when the watering system is on, and I'm assuming that the other 3 are poorly because the system must have been damaged....I called Shane to ask him to come and fix it - but in the mean time, I watered them copiously

The rest of the garden looks ok, however those baby grapes have dried off, and not formed into proper fruit

The cherries are looking lovely - so I picked some today and the rest on Thursday


Wednesday pickings 

Thursday pickings

Much better than last year - when I only got one cherry - the birds/ants got the rest.  That said a lot of cherries had bird strike, so chucked them on the ground - I should have netted them earlier - I didn't expect them to be ripe already....Oh well, next year then  

Inside to see the mural - and yes it looks fab









and I found all of the Easter eggs  - yay

And then onto the kitchen - saw that the plastering has been done - but not quite finished - a little more needs to be done around the hearth, and the cast iron hearth surround re-attached 

Then onto emptying out the green room, dusty /dirty work - had to wash/wipe everything


Rachel and her friend Tim dropped in, (in preparation for the Messiah production on Sunday) and Rachel gave me a beautiful marble statue for my birthday



Cam did a good job with replacing the window frame in the Kitchen (because it had been butchered years ago when they put in the crappy old kitchen sink)


But I had found a couple of little problems 

With the stone now put in - some of the cupboards/drawers don't open/close properly



 And also because some of the new boards weren't put in flush - they are now splitting where they are too high - ie from being stepped on



They also forgot to put in a switch for the back door light, and to install the kitchen dimmers

And more damage to the top of our ensuite vanity....


I also asked about caulking around the ensuite window - but Cam said it should be painted first





There were also heaps on boxes out the front that I had to dispose of - completely filled the recycle bin




Thursday, and made breakfast in the kitchen - woo hoo, toast and coffee.  Didn't sit in there though as the island bench is covered with protective blankets, and so is the Aga. (our kitchen stools are still all wrapped in our bedroom)  

Alex called, and once I told him I was in Inglewood he asked if I could go across to the Town Hall and take some photos of the kitchen etc - in preparation for the big party in December








 Also took some photos of the super room







 And found crockery/glassware/cutlery supplies




The Town Hall bar are is also well equipped with big fridges 



And there were lots more tables and chairs in the town Hall also


Then back to the house for more clearing/tidying....

One of the rugs in the green room was infested with moths - was pretty disgusting.  They don't seem to have attacked anything else luckily, and I sprayed the room well afterwards, Its a pity because I think it was the first Turkish rug that Justin and I had bought back in our Tooronga Road days.  Had to roll it up and chuck it out (in Gordon's trailer) 




The dishwasher and washing machine are back to being operational - so I put on a big load of dishes



Anyway, this is how it all looked by 1pm on Thursday

Green room - so there should be space for a bed....


Kitchen



Still a lot to go.....but I had to leave this afternoon as I was seeing Moulin Rouge at the Regent Theatre with Madeleine, Karen and Zoe this evening

On the way back around Gisborne - 2 young deer skipped gaily across the road in front of the car in front of me - they were fawny coloured with light spots - doing some internet research I think they were fallow deer 


 









No comments:

Post a Comment