Friday 17 February 2023

Haircut, Surfclub, and Bridgewater Pub 10-12 February 2023

Drove up in the ute again (am becoming very fond of this trusty and very useful ute) - as I was going to pick up the vanity from Terry's place, and I also brought up the bath (which had been languishing in our garage for years) and the 2 chairs which we had bought from Joels (didn't win the Victorian sofa though which is what Justin really wanted)

Anyway,  Fraser and Justin strapped in the bath on Thursday night, and we parked the ute in the back, and then Fraser strapped in the chairs for me on Friday morning before I left - which was great - as I had thought I might take them up next time in the passat 


Cam's crew was still there when I arrived, and they helped me in with the bath - put it on top of our bed (right side up, as it was pretty dusty inside).  

Also saw that there was a hole in the side.  Contacted George, and he said it was for the overflow pipe - will have to get one of those 


Had a look around at the progress

The bathroom/en suite door was filled in


Lyndon was putting up the frame for the powder room

\

They'd filled in the brick cracks in the back hall (that we were going to use the hesbia system on)


The sub floor for the bathroom was in




And the kitchen insulation was done in the ceiling


Kat had also boncreted all the bricks in the kitchen - so as to minimise dust - yay

I had a quick lunch - and then went to Michelle's to have my haircut at 2.45

After this I called up Damo, to see if I could come to the Surf Club for a pre dinner drink.  Also needed to give him back his ties (which he'd used on the jacobbean suite a few weeks ago) and I had also bought some white anchovies for them -as we had discussed them at dinner last week

Arrived at the "surf club" after 5 - my first time as a proper guest, as opposed to a tourist

Damo gave me a couple of beers and we "shot the breeze". The last photo is me crushing a can in the home made device.  Nicole came and stayed for a little while, but then went off to Arleen and David's 




Stayed an hour or 2, and then back home for some dinner, and watched the final Stranger Things - season 4

Saturday, and did wordle, quordle and the age Sudoku in  bed before getting up for breakfast.  Watered the poor citrus plants, and went and picked up Terry at 11.30

Loaded up the vanity and dropped it back at the house.  Was a lot easier/smoother than getting it there in the first place

And then we drove into Bridgewater - for lunch at the pub

It was a  lovely day, and we sat outside in the beer garden.  Had a few starter plates ie Pork belly bau buns, baked chorizo with jalapeno aioli, and chicken and mushroom spring rolls.

The food was very good, and it was very pleasant sitting outside looking out onto the green grass, gum trees, and river.

So, had a leisurely lunch, and then dropped Terry back at his place

Went and relaxed in the hammock, put my feet up and read my book


Tidied up a bit here - and put out  the old kitchen chairs and the little cabinet for Anne L.  Couldn't manage the table by myself though



Decided to be a bit decadent and watched a double movie header - an oldy but a goody - Dirty Dancing.  Haven't seen it in years, and wondered how it would stand up.  Was fun


And then Toscana - a foodie Netflix film - was ok.  



If Justin's not with me I can choose films that he wouldn't necessarily want to watch

Unfortunately took ages to fall asleep for some reason, so was a bit tired on the Sunday

Shane came at 9am to check on the watering system. He stayed a few hours and fixed it up - yay.  Put in some new sprinkle heads, and positioned others better.  This should have been done years ago!  Was very frustrating that the original guy didn't do it properly.

Also got Shane to help me take the kitchen table out for Anne.  It did us in good stead, but was a bit stupid re the fact that it wasn't very water proof, and was forever getting water marks


There is now a lot more room in the downstairs green room (but its still junky) 





I also tidied up a bit - swept and mopped


And positioned the new chairs


Went home via Bendigo - wanted to pick some juniper berries - and was lucky, there were some there


 

No comments:

Post a Comment