Sunday 19 February 2023

RA with Host #2 and HOT! 15-17 Feb 2023

Well, a lot of time spent in the car over the last few days

On Wednesday, went and checked out a Victorian sofa at a Burwood auction house, given that we missed out on the other one.  It's pretty comfortable, so we'll bid on it 


From there, I drove to Daylesford to pick up the 2 x Turkish tile panels for our ensuite


I had also thought that I would drop in on Rachel in Dunolly, so did that next 

Had a late lunch with Rachel, and a good chat.  She showed me around her place- some very big sheds - with lots of interesting stuff - like this old car


And then onto Inglewood - given that I had left home at 10.40, and arrived in Inglewood just before 6pm - was a long day....

And it was hot, mid thirties today, 39 degrees tomorrow, and 41 degrees on Friday....good thing we have air conditioning now.

Had a quick look at the citrus trees, and was pleased to see that they were looking ok - ie the watering system was working  

Had also brought up the sconces for the ensuite - so its all coming together


 Saw what Cam and the crew had done - plastering of the ceiling in the kitchen

 


And half did the ensuite also - and put in the pipework for the exhaust fan



Got some dinner together, and had a quiet night

Thursday - and Restoration Australia were coming back - this time with the host Anthony, and 2 cameramen, Mark and another guy Tony.

It's amazing, Anthony was last here (for the first time) - 2 years ago in March 2021 - I'm so surprised that they have persevered with us - as they actually starting filming in April 2020 - with the first lot of underpinning!

Anyway, they arrived around 9.30 or so - and I got miked up. Bit more complicated this time, because I was wearing a dress for once.  Previously, I'd normally been in work gear/overalls when they come.  Anyway, I had to wear a type of elastic rubber girdle thing with a pocket to hold the little power pack.  All worked though - so that was good

First off - was welcomed Anthony in the front door, and walked through the hallway where he said he saw lots of progress, and then into the kitchen

This was achieved on the first take

Then I had to explain what was happening in the kitchen - showed them the plans, discussed some differences of opinion - ie table vs island bench, wood vs stone etc.  That took a few takes

Then up the stairs - pausing on the first landing - wallpaper all gone, are we will doing the mural, of what etc 

Into the now "music room" - lots of cracks - routing for the tie rods.  The Sydney producer had wanted us to talk about the "ghosts" - but I don't think that we did a good job, as we were too sceptical.  We'll see if this bit ends up on the cutting room floor.

And then we stopped for lunch

After lunch - it was sitting on the back veranda - and chatting about the budget and timelines, and also the fact that it is challenging/difficult to argue/disagree with Justin - as he argues/states facts professionally

And finally on the veranda - to see what the drone shots would be like.  Mark sent me this photo he took of Anthony and me



And here's a few photos that I snuck in of the day







I guess we finished about mid afternoon, and then they went to Denise's to look in the cellar and talk about the supposed/mythical tunnel between their shop, and our house....

I wasn't sure if I was going to stay or go back to Melbourne.  In the end I stayed over on Thursday night also - it was still relatively cool in the house, and I just couldn't be bothered to get back in the car and drive for a couple of hours, so put my feet up and read my book upstairs.

Friday, and I planned to leave in the morning, but thought I might drop in on Terry first and say hello.  Was just getting ready to go, and someone started coming in through the front door.  Gave me a bit of a fright. It was Denise, come to say hello.  She had been knocking, but I'd been upstairs, and not heard her. So showed her around - she hadn't seen what Cam had done.

Then onto Terry's - had a cup of coffee and a chat.  He was in the process of moving furniture - as he had to remove his floorboards - as water had got under the house, and the joists had started to rot?  I offered my assistance - hopefully he'll take me up at some stage

I also told him how I wanted to make something out of the hoop pine wood (rather than just burn it) and even the jacaranda stump.  Perhaps rolling pins, bowls, spoons - all quite simple apparently.  So I'll add that to the list of things to do

Stayed about an hour or so, then back to the house to pack up and leave.  Unfortunately took me about 3.5 hours to get back to Melbourne.....Car breakdowns on the Monash, and also apparently a grass fire just before the Toorak Road exit  - it was excruciating.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment